Senior Account Clerk
Senior Account Clerk
SENIOR ACCOUNT CLERK-TREASURER'S OFFICE
- Writes and maintains computer programs, designs forms and maintains reports used to accomplish the work of the Treasurer's Office. Operates a computer to enter data, access information, and generate reports.
- Prepares all legal documents required by state statues for the May tax sale. Prepares preliminary purchase certificates and advises purchasers of laws and procedures related to the tax sale collection, calculation, processing and printing of State and County Tax Sale Books, and newspaper information.
- Keeps track of all active bankruptcy cases in the County that involve a property tax liability to protect the County against potential tax loss. Receives notices of bankruptcies and determines if person has property in the county on which taxes are owed. When appropriate, files a Priority Claim with the US Bankruptcy Court and notes bankruptcy proceedings on departmental records so that delinquent tax notices are not sent and the property is not part of the annual tax sale.
- Computes interest and collects delinquent tax payments.
- Posts delinquent tax receipts to delinquent rolls and checks balances on partial payments and posts receipts to the computer and tax roll books.
- Computes and prepares redemption sheets on property that has been redeemed from tax sale and re-conveyances. Establishes files for re-conveyances and prepares and processes forms for the State.
- Vouchers out checks for overpayments made. Certifies warranty deeds and land contracts for recording in the Register of Deeds Office. Makes journal entries as necessary.
- Provides assistance in person or by telephone to County residents, realtors, abstract offices and others, providing tax information or explaining the functions of the Treasurer's Office. Explains and clarifies the tax collection process to the public.
BASE PAY: $14.79/Hr.
Contact : Interested parties please send cover letter, application, and resume to:
Susan VandeCar, Treasurer
220 W. State Street
Hastings, Michigan, 49058
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled