Where to apply:
Barry County Clerk’s Office
Barry County Courthouse – Floor 1
220 W. State St.
Hastings, MI 49058
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older, a citizen of the United States, a resident of this state-residing in this state for at least 6 months, and a resident in the county of application.
Application kits are available from the County Clerk’s Office at 220 W. State Street, Hastings, MI 49058, the Barry County Sheriff’s Department, local police departments, and on the Michigan State Police website, www.michigan.gov/msp.
Applications are accepted during regular business hours between 8:00 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. At the time of application, there is a fee of $100 for new applicants, $115 for renewal, and $100 for anyone expired for more than one year.
Fingerprints are taken after filing the application with the Barry County Clerk’s Office. Photo ID is required in order to have the prints taken. The Barry County Sheriff’s Office can process your fingerprints. A fee of $15 is due at the time of fingerprints. The Barry County Sheriff’s Office is located at 1212 W. State Street, Hastings, MI 49058. Please contact their office for fingerprinting hours.
A Pistol Safety Training Course is required and training must have occurred within 5 years preceding application.
Application requirements for filing with the Barry County Clerk's Office:
- Completed application – Signed under oath; administered by the County Clerk or Deputy Clerk
- Certificate of completion of pistol safety training course
- Application Fee
An individual must complete a pistol safety training course if renewing a license that has been expired more than 1 year.
EXCEPTION: The training requirements are waived for an individual who is a retired police officer or retired law enforcement officer.
- RI-012, Concealed Pistol License Application Form
- Michigan State Police - Concealed Pistol License online Renewal
- The Claim of appeal on application for concealed weapon license
- The Order following appeal on application for concealed weapon license
- Michigan Department of State Police information web site
- Information on Reciprocity with Other States
- State of Michigan Firearms Laws