Fees and Rules
There are no fees for use of Barry County Parks. Facility rental charges apply at Historic Charlton Park and entry fees during Special Events, see www.charltonpark.org for additional details.
Park and Trail Rules (McKeown Bridge Park and Thornapple Trail)
- Non-motorized vehicles only. No motorized vehicles permitted on the trails except for wheelchairs and authorized vehicles.
- Trails and parks open from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset.
- Speed limit- 25 MPH, 15 MPH within Village limits.
- No hunting or shooting is permitted on or across the trails or in parks.
- Stay on the trails and paths. Respect the property rights of landowners along trails.
- No swimming in the river along the trails or from the bridges.
- No littering. Carry out all trash or use containers provided at the end of the trail.
- Bicyclists and skaters yield to pedestrians. Trail traffic- keep to the right.
- Observe and enjoy the plant life on the trail, but do not remove it.
- Keep pets on a leash at all times. Clean up after pets.
- Be courteous of other and avoid making loud noises.