A minor, age 16 or older, may petition the court to become emancipated. There is a $175.00 filing fee.

The following forms must be submitted at the time of filing of the petition:
The affidavit on the backside of the petition must be completed by one of the following individuals:
  • Physician.
  • Nurse.
  • Member of the clergy.
  • Psychologist.
  • Family therapist.
  • Certified social worker.
  • Social worker.
  • Social work technician.
  • School administrator.
  • School counselor.
  • Teacher.
  • Law enforcement officer.
  • Duly regulated childcare provider.
The person signing the affidavit must be witnessed by a Notary Public.