News & Events
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
Barry County holds several Household Hazardous Waste, Tire, and Medicine Collections each year. These collections take place in the spring and fall at the Barry County Fairgrounds, 1350 N. M-37, Hastings. The collections are sponsored by the Barry County Solid Waste Oversight Committee with support from the Barry County Fair Board, Waste Management, BEDHD, Barry County Substance Abuse Task Force, Sheriff’s Department, and local pharmacies.
Local Recycling News
For information regarding what materials are accepted, not accepted and how to handle not accepted materials visit the Household Hazardous Waste page.
2022 HHW Dates in May and September TBA!
Look for the monthly recycling column in The Reminder starting October 2021
Recycling Mini-grants Available
Barry County Solid Waste Oversight Committee offers mini-grants to start or expand recycling programs. For more information contact the Barry-Eaton Health Department at 269-945-9516.
- New recycling program may be in works for Prairieville Township, but funding uncertain
- Eaton County opens first ag plastics recycling hub (brownfieldagnews.com)
- Household hazardous waste drop-off Sept. 18
- Recycling overflows – that's the challenge for Hastings Township's program
- Report Sheds Light on Better Recycling Policy in Barry County 5-17-18
- Misuse Continues at City Compost Site 6-14-18
- Recycling Coordinator Thinks Ed is the Key to Participation 7-26-18
- Going Blue to Go Green 5-4-17
- Inappropriate Use Threatens City Recycling Program 6-15-17
- New County Recycling Coordinator 6-29-17
- City Council Hears About Compost... 7-27-17
- City Giving No Refuge for Rogue Refuse 8-3-17
- Recycling Remains Important Topic in Barry County 8-24-17