MMAP, Inc. is a free health-benefit counseling service, whose goal is to help you find your way through the health benefits maze. MMAP counselors are trained in Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance products, and are available at the COA to help you:
- Understand Medicare and Medicaid
- Compare or enroll in Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
- Review your Medicare supplemental insurance needs
- Understand Medicare health plans
- Apply for Medicaid or a Medicare Savings Program
- Report identity theft, Medicare and Medicaid fraud/abuse or scams
- Explore long term care insurance options
To schedule an appointment, please stop by or call the COA at 269-948-4856. If you live outside of Barry County, call 1-800-803-7174 to schedule an appointment.
The MMAP Volunteer Team is looking for volunteers who have computer skills, are internet-savvy, and who have a sincere desire to help others understand their health benefits. Training is provided in Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations. If you are interested, call the COA at 269-948-4856 or 1-800-803-7174. Volunteer applications are available at the office, or by clicking on this link:
MMAP Volunteer Application (pdf file)
MMAP is Michigan’s SHIP, a State Health Insurance Assistance Program, and is available to older adults and people with disabilities. It is funded by a grant from the Michigan Office of Services to the Aging through funding received from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Medicare agency and a grant from the Administration on Aging, and is not affiliated with the insurance industry.
Page Last Modified: March 30, 2010 at 9:23 am