- M-F 8:30am to 5pm
- Saturday 9am to noon
- Kennel: M-F 9-4:30
- Saturday 9-11:30
Closed daily from 11:30 – 12:30 for lunch.
WHEN YOU HAVE LOST YOUR PET:
· Visit the Barry County Animal control Department, bring along a picture of your pet and fill out a Lost Pet Report
(the Shelter does not handle LPR’s over the phone).
· Visit the Barry County Animal Shelter Website every day to check the Pet Inventory list so you can be aware of
all animals that have come into the shelter.
· Place a lost pet advertisement in the Reminder and the Banner.
· Read the Found Advertisements in both the Reminder and the Banner, weekly.
· Come to the Animal Shelter at least every three days to be sure your pet is not there. Stray dogs are held for 7
days and cats are held for 4 days before being placed up for adoption.
· Update your LPR when you come to the animal shelter to let the staff know the pet is still missing.
· Post signs at neighborhood grocery stores and gas stations.
DO NOT RELY ON THE STAFF AT THE ANIMAL SHELTER TO MAKE POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION OF YOUR ANIMAL, ONLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE PET CAN DO THAT…KEEP VISITING THE SHELTER.
BARRY COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER
All animals over three (3) months of age require a current rabies vaccination before leaving the Barry County Animal Shelter.
All dogs over 4 months of age require a current Barry County Dog License before leaving the Barry County Animal Shelter.
All dogs and cats require a prepay for neutering services at the veterinarians of the adopters choice before leaving the Barry County Animal Shelter.