The court is unable to give legal advice or assistance. If you proceed without the assistance of an attorney, it is presumed you know the law and all the requirements of the law.
There is a filing fee due when the petition is filed in the amount of $150.00. The cost for Letters of Guardianship is $12.00.
Forms are available at the Michigan Supreme Court web site:
-Click on the form title below to link directly to the form-
Probate General Forms:
- Acceptance of Appointment (pc571.pdf) *
- Appearance of Parent of Minor (pc606.pdf)
- Bond of Fiduciary (pc570.pdf)
- Declaration of Intent to Give Notice by Publication (pc617.pdf)
- Notice of Hearing (pc562.pdf) *
- Order (general) (pc609.pdf)
- Order of Discharge (pc597.pdf)
- Petition and Order (pc586.pdf)
- Publication of Notice (pc563a.pdf)
- Publication of Notice of Hearing (pc563.pdf)
- Proof of Service (pc564.pdf) *
- Waiver/Consent (pc561.pdf)
- Annual Report of Guardian on Condition of Minor (pc654.pdf)
- Letters of Guardianship (pc633.pdf) *
- Limited Guardianship Placement Plan (pc652.pdf) **
- Minor Guardianship Social History (pc670.pdf) *
- Order Regarding Appointment of Guardian/Limited Guardian of a Minor (pc653.pdf)*
- Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor (pc651.pdf) ***
- Petition for Appointment of Limited Guardian of Minor (pc650.pdf) **
- Petition to Terminate or Modify Guardianship/Conservatorship (pc675.pdf)
* These forms must be presented in all minor guardianship matters when a petition is filed.
** These forms must be filed in a Limited Minor Guardianship when the parent consents to the guardianship and signs the petition.
*** This petition is used for a full guardianship, when someone other than the parent is filing the petition.
Page Last Modified: October 8, 2012 at 11:00 am