The court is unable to give legal advice or assistance. If you proceed without the assistance of an attorney, it is presumed you know the law and all the requirements of the law.
There is a filing fee due when the petition is filed in the amount of $150.00. The cost for Letters of Authority is $12.00.
Forms are available at the Michigan Supreme Court web site:
-Click on the form title below to connect directly to the form-
* These forms must accompany the petition for appointment of guardian.
** If a temporary guardian is requested due to an emergency, these forms must also accompany the petition. This means that duplicates are required of these forms in some cases.
Probate General Forms:
- Acceptance of Appointment (pc571.pdf) * **
- Appearance of Parent of Minor (pc606.pdf)
- Bond of Fiduciary (pc570.pdf)
- Declaration of Intent to Give Notice by Publication (pc617.pdf)
- Notice of Hearing (pc562.pdf) * **
- Order (general) (pc609.pdf)
- Order of Discharge (pc597.pdf)
- Petition and Order (pc586.pdf)
- Petition to Allow Account(s) (pc585a.pdf)
- Publication of Notice of Hearing (pc563.pdf)
- Proof of Service (pc564.pdf) * **
- Waiver/Consent (pc561.pdf)
- Letters of Guardianship (pc633.pdf) * **
- Notice to Alleged Incapacitated Individual on Petition to Appoint Guardian (pc626.pdf) *
- Order Appointing Guardian Ad Litem / Attorney/ Lawyer-Guardian Ad Litem (pc642.pdf) *
- Order Appointing Physician/Visitor/Mental Health Professional of Alleged Incapacitated Individual (pc629.pdf)
- Order Appointing Guardian of Incapacitated Individual (pc631.pdf) *
- Order Appointing Temporary Guardian of Incapacitated Individual (pc632.pdf) **
- Petition for Appointment of Guardian Ad Litem/Attorney /Lawyer-Guardian Ad Litem (pc641.pdf)
- Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Incapacitated Individual (pc625.pdf) *
- Petition to Terminate or Modify Guardianship/Conservatorship (pc675.pdf)
- Report of Physician or Mental Health Professional (pc630.pdf) *
- What You Need to Know Before Filing a Petition to Appoint a Guardian for an Incapacitated Adult (pc666.pdf) *
- What You Need to Know Before Filing a Petition to Appoint a Guardian for an Incapacitated Adult (LARGE PRINT) (pc666a.pdf)
- Guardian’s Handbook – 2012 word
Page Last Modified: October 8, 2012 at 11:03 am