The Civil Division
Barry County District Court
206 West Court Street Suite 202
Phone: (269) 945-1404 ext. 5
Fax: (269) 945-1399
8:00am – 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday
Welcome to the Barry County District Court-Civil Division webpage. We hope that this site is a helpful resource in finding the information you are looking for.
Points to Consider
The court is only a tool that is available to you for settling disputes or establishing and reducing your claims to judgment. You are responsible for locating the parties, determining your course of action, and gathering your witnesses and evidence. The necessary forms may be obtained at any court or from any business supply house that carries legal forms, or at the Michigan Court website.
- Our clerks are not attorneys and they cannot give legal advice.
- The judges, who are attorneys, may not and will not give advice on matters they may have to rule on.
- This court can render money judgments only and has no power to force anyone to do something or to stop doing something.
By having your case tried in the Small Claims Division, you give up the following rights:
- The right to have an attorney.
- The right to appeal to a higher court.
- The right to a jury trial.
The defendant may choose not to give up these rights. He/she can demand before or at the time of hearing that the case be transferred to the General Civil Division.
Page Last Modified: May 19, 2008 at 8:54 am