The COA has a trained staff available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., to come into your home to assist with personal care, light housekeeping, in-home respite and minor home repair.
When Personal Care, Light Housekeeping or In-Home Respite services are requested, a Registered Nurse will conduct an in-home assessment to determine individual needs and will develop a care plan of COA services to meet those needs.
The following information will be requested:
- List of family or emergency contacts
- Physician Name and phone number
- List of medications and dosages
- Pharmacy information
- Medical history
- Monthly income and financial information
Light Housekeeping: A Nurses’ Aide or homemaker will perform light housekeeping tasks, laundry, basic meal preparation, grocery shopping, errands, etc.
In-Home Respite: A Nurses’ Aide will be scheduled to stay with a loved one, while their caretaker may run errands or attend appointments without fear of leaving a vulnerable adult home alone.
Minor Home Repair: Focus on safety and security, including the installation of smoke detectors, light bulbs, grab bars, repair of frayed electrical cords, repair of steps and other minor home repair tasks. Appointments are scheduled in advance.
The actual cost for the COA to employ homecare aides is more than $20.00 per hour, which does not include any costs associated with in-home assessment or administrative costs. Our goal is to make our quality homecare affordable to all Barry County elders who need care. Effective January 1, 2013, homecare private pay rates were instituted based on each resident household’s gross monthly income. Because Barry County levies a senior millage to help older adults remain in their homes, we are able to use some of those dollars to keep our rates low.
Tier 1: $6.00 per hour
- Households at or below 125% of Poverty, currently:
- Single: Below $1,256 per month
- Couple: Below $1,692 per month
Tier 2: $11.00 per hour
- Households between 126% and 200% of Poverty, currently:
- Single: Between $1,256 and $2,010 per month
- Couple: Between $1,692 and $2,707 per month
Tier 3: $16.00 per hour
- Households above 200% of Poverty, currently:
- Single: Above $2,010 per month
- Couple: Above $2,707 per month
Tier 4: $22.00 per hour
- Households that choose not to disclose monthly income
A monthly statement is provided of all hours and services received.
Please call our Homecare Coordinator Tracy Beachnau, RN, at 269-948-4856 ext. 1003 for more information.